Saturday, January 21, 2012

Working Toward Goals

I had a screenwriting guild meeting this morning and I did not want to go. A little voice inside of me kept telling me to get off my butt and get over there so I did. I'm so glad I listened to that irritating little whine because I had a great time and met some new people.

Your criteria when faced with events like this should be whether or not they help you achieve your goals. This morning it was a resounding yes even though I got lost, couldn't find the damn thing and had to drag my friend Eddie out in the street to wave me down.

Action is what is going to get you where you want to be and lining up a group of like-minded individuals to keep me on track is exactly what I needed at 10 a.m. today. Listen and heed that voice, it may be the best thing that ever happened to you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment